Updating Password not to another device

ronen
ronen
Community Member

Hi.
In my iMac i have updated a password , a 1P pop up window appear to update and i have pressed to update .
After an hour or so , I have open my iPhone's Safari and didn't succeed to log in ( wrong password )
When open the 1P in my iPhone and log in from there it was ok .
Why Sfari's iPhone wasn't updated ?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.1 (70201001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ronen - I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. You were working on your iMac, updated a password for a saved item, and then...what? You say it didn't work from your iPhone...but then you say it DID work from your iPhone. Can you clarify? Please make sure you're using the same method of sync in both places, and have the same vaults -- then lock 1Password in each device and re-open it. Then check the Login item again, from your iPhone. Let us know how that works for you.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi Thanks for your reply.
    Regarding the iMac: That’s what I did.
    Hoping that 1password in my iPhone will be updated ( As I am using 1password Account)
    In my iPhone ‘s safari I couldn’t log in at the same website ( that was updated from iMac)
    I could log in only via the iPhone ‘s 1password iOS app.
    Hoping that I am clearer now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ronen - are you sure you're using the 1Password extension in mobile Safari on your iPhone? There's the built-in password manager in Safari (iCloud Keychain), which you should probably not use, and then there's the 1Password Safari Extension. Give these steps a look, to make sure that's what you did/are doing. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

I am not using iCloud Keychain as I only use 1Password to prevent conflicts ...
    Or am I wrong ?
    I use 1P iOS Safari extension but it didn't update from the iMac - only could use the 1P iOS App itself ...
    Maybe I need to wait until 1P will fully update from one to other devices ?

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

The 1Password extension in mobile Safari on my iPhone does't immediate updating (Until opening 1P iPhone App)
    When I use iCloud syncing it was better then using 1P Account ...

Please see iPhone print screen at the same time the same Login with different names to the same website BEFORE Logging updated .

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry for the confusion. The information cannot update unless you open the main 1Password app, and there's currently a limitation with iOS 12 Password Autofill where the information there does not get updated reliably either. We're trying to see if we can work around that, but for now you'll always have the current information in the main 1Password app.

This discussion has been closed.