How do I change the name of a vault? "Edit details" function is not working.

benjaminpapa
benjaminpapa
Community Member

Trying to combine all logins into one vault and relabel it, but I am not able to change the name of the vault and the system is only letting me "duplicate" logins rather than move them completely. The end goal is get all of my stuff in one vault and then convert to a family plan where my family adds their logins to their own vaults. Some will be shared and others won't. So doing prep work to get ready for that.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS High Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot change the name of a vault. "edit details" function is not working.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @benjaminpapa! I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you tell me whether you're using a standalone setup of 1Password or a 1password.com membership? In a standalone setup, the first vault you create is called Primary and cannot be changed. Similarly, if you're using a 1password.com Individual membership, the first, default vault is called Personal (or possibly Private) and also cannot be changed. When you convert to a 1Password Families membership by inviting family members, each of you will have a Personal or Private vault, plus access to the family-wide Shared vault. The Shared vault's name can be changed, if you like, but Personal/Private cannot.

I'm not quite sure why you're only able to duplicate items. If you're using 1Password for Mac to do this moving, you should be able to use these instructions to move your items (just make sure you're using the Move command, not the Copy command). If you're still not able to do that, can you tell me what's not working the way you expect?

This discussion has been closed.