I had a problem with the Master Password on my iMac 1Password7 account.

efgzipq
efgzipq
Community Member

I have an iMac, and 2 iPhones which are using a 1Password7 "subscription" account. I goofed up "my.1Password.com" account and copied my Master Password incorrectly. I had a printed copy of my emergency kit. After I made a "my.1Password.com" password change I was not able to sign in to my "my.1Password.com" account, but I could sign in to my iMac 1Password7 iMac & iPhone applications.
To recover I created another "my.1Password.com" trial account using another email address and copied the data from the original iMac 1Password7 application account to my new iMac 1Password7 application account. I now can sign in to my "my.1Password.com" (new "trial" account), and, the 1Password7 application on my iMac and 2 iPhones. So what I want to do is to clean up the mess I created.
My question is: How do I remove the original "my.1Password.com" accounts that I cannot sign into, and, change the working "trial" account to make it my paid "subscription" account?

Comments

• Hi there @efgzipq. I'm sorry for the trouble you ran into, but it sounds like you were able to sort out the hardest part so far on your own. I think the next step will be to collect from diagnostic reports from all your devices and take this to email so we can guide you through getting it all sorted out.

I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• efgzipq
    efgzipq
    Community Member

Thank you. I will get the diagnostic reports out soon.

• ottof300
    ottof300
    Community Member

Good morning, I have been locked out of 1P on my MacBook Pro for several days and sent a desperate email to 1P support and to date ZERO RESPONSE. That is not acceptable !

• efgzipq
    efgzipq
    Community Member

I think this is the BitBot Support ID number: 472764

• efgzipq
    efgzipq
    Community Member

MrRooni;
    Sorry, I just received the support ID you requested. The support ID is: [#WZZ-64776-272]

• efgzipq
    efgzipq
    Community Member

MrRooni;
    When I sent out the iMac diagnostic to you, I received another support ID. It is [#KBE-42973-329]. I am confused.

• Thanks @efgzipq. Each email in generates a separate support ID. I will merge them all together.

@ottof300 I'm sorry you haven't seen a response to your question yet. I will take a look for your ticket and see what the deal is.

• efgzipq
    efgzipq
    Community Member

MrRooni;

Support ID Number: [#WZZ-64776-272]

Link: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/472764#Comment_472764

Forum username: efgzipq

My working 1Password7 account is a trial account using the jraycjay3@gmail.com email address.
    I created this trial account so that I could copy my !Password data to from my jraycjay@gmail.com email address account to my jraycjay3@gmail.com email address 1Password7 account.

My non-working 1Password7 account is a subscription account and it uses the jraycjay@gmail.com email address.
    I have paid for this 1Password7 subscription account.

What I am requesting is that you change my trial account that uses the jraycjay3@gmail.com email address to a subscription account.

Then, keeping my 1Password7 data associated with the jraycjay3@gmail.com email address, could you delete the 1Password7 data associated with the two non-working email addresses, jraycjay@gmail.com, jraycjay2@gmail.com?

After you are done, I would like to change my subscription account email address jraycjay3@gmail.com back to jraycjay@gmail.com. I believe that I can do that by logging into my account.

If this is not workable, or there is a better way, I welcome your recommendations.

If a phone call would be better for you, I could give that (privately) to you.

Thank you for you assistance.

Ray

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ottof300! I'm sorry for the delay in our reply; with the simultaneous release of 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Windows as well as the changes in macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), we've been experiencing a surge of support requests. We handle them in the order they're received, but you should have received an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@efgzipq - it looks like @mrrooni is helping you via email; let's keep the conversation going in that forum rather than discussing details of your personal account here in this public forum. We don't have telephone support for 1Password, but we're happy to help solve your problem via email. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.