Dropbox sync has turned itself on even though I have an account

Jennian
Jennian
Community Member

I'm running 1Password 7.2.1 on two Macs (both Mojave, OS10.14) & iPhone (iOS12.1). Since getting a 1Password account I've not been using Dropbox to sync, but today for some reason I find both the 1password.agilekeychain and .ws file among my Dropbox files again. Not sure why this has happened but can I delete them both?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I formerly sync-ed via Dropbox, but via an account now. 1Password has suddenly reappeared in Dropbox. Can I delete the files there?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Jennian - if you're successfully using a 1password.com account on both Macs, then sure -- there's no need to keep old sync keychains hanging around. Before you created and began using your 1password.com account, 1Password was making daily backups of your standalone data, which - if you ever needed it - you could always restore from. The sync keychain, on the other hand, serves no function at all at this point, presuming you don't have other devices still using standalone data with legacy Dropbox sync. Delete away, I'd say! Or at the very least, you can certainly move it out to a non-Dropbox location, if you want to keep it.

• Jennian
    Jennian
    Community Member

Thanks Lars - deleted, and all fine. Apologies, I was just surprised to see the files reappear in Dropbox

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Jennian - yeah, I don't know what might have done that. Sometimes, if you've got a device that's not been synced in a great while, the sync engine can get a little confused about whether it's supposed to be removing certain files on one device, or restoring them everywhere else. However, that'd be a question/issue for Dropbox -- if it keeps happening, you might want to get in touch with them. :)

This discussion has been closed.