Mac Mojave internet blocked when 1Password is activated

wrighax
wrighax
Community Member

Starting a few days ago I found my access to the internet would stop a few minutes after starting to use the computer. After some troubleshooting with Apple Care, rebooting in safe mode and getting rid of unused extensions I am afraid it may be some conflict with 1Password. When I uncheck 1Password extension and actually quit 1password I seem to have access to the internet. --Has anyone else got this problem? Everything working fine on other apple iOS devices. PS I don't see the extension version when I look at the list of extensions in safari.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wrighax - I'm sorry for the trouble, but that's definitely not a problem I've heard before -- at least, not the way you described it. STarting with version 7.2 of 1Password for Mac, we switched from the usual .safariextz style of extension to the new Safari App Extension that's been introduced by Apple in Safari 12. If you open Safari 12's Preferences > Extensions, you should be able to see the new extension, with version 7.2.1 in there. Do you? If so, is there also any other 1Password extension? Also: have you restarted your Mac since this issue began? I assume you have if you've been troubleshooting it, but if not, definitely try that. Let me know what you discover.

• wrighax
    wrighax
    Community Member

Hi Lars. I was out of town but now I can follow up. I've restarted the computer several times. Either in safe mode (and then it seemed to work) or regular (and then it seemed to work for a few minutes each time.) I am using the 7.2.1 extension. --That is the extension I "unchecked". I don't see any other 1Password extensions. I booted up for the first time this morning and was able to work for almost an hour before the problem resurfaced. I'm going to call Apple Care back I just thought that you might have heard of something.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wrighax - no, not anything that sounds like this. I'd say wait to see what Apple has to say, and if they don't have any ideas for you, we can try to see what we might be able to do to help.

• wrighax
    wrighax
    Community Member

Thanks as always for the quick response

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.