1Password keeps "forgetting" the sync to Dropbox

Options
shiny9
shiny9
Community Member

Whenever I reboot my Mac, the connection to my three vaults gets forgotten. Immediately after logging in, I get the following notification:

1Password Sync
Problem detected
Update preferences

This is similar to the issue in https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97691/1password-mini-syncing-problem-after-updating-to-mojave#latest. Unlike that issue, I see the error when I click the button (or go into Preferences directly). Tt brings up the sync screen with no sync connection. See attached screenshot.

Whenever it connects, it warns me about merging vaults. So far, that hasn't resulted in duplication of logins, but I'm worried that one of these merges will dupe everything.

Thoughts?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.1 (70201002) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.1 (18B75)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shiny9 - I'm sorry for the trouble! Can you look in your Dropbox folder and tell me what the name(s) of the sync keychains are? If they end in .agilekeychain, then that will be the reason: because 1Password 7 for Mac does not allow sync with the now-deprecated Agile Keychain format. If you're still using this, you'll need to use these instructions to switch to the newer and more robust OPVault format.

If you're already using OPVault, or you think that's not the issue, let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.