Touch ID is enabled but not usable

Nevin Ng
Nevin Ng
Community Member

I was using Touch ID to open 1Password without problems but since a few days ago it stopped working. I have removed the finger prints for Touch ID in my System Pref.; I have disabled and enabled using the Touch ID in 1Password settings.... all not working. I have sent a diagnostics report via email but I guess popping the question here will allow me to get (any) support than via email....so..

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Nevin Ng ,

We'll need to see the results of your diagnostic report to see what's going wrong. We're a bit backlogged at the moment, but someone will respond.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Nevin Ng
    Nevin Ng
    Community Member

Hi Kevin,

A member of your team reached to me and we solved the issue :-)

Thanks a lot!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Nevin Ng - glad to hear it! Let us know if the problem recurs or if you have any additional questions. :)

• Ellis
    Ellis
    Community Member

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue. Running OS X 10.13.6. All of a sudden Touch ID won't appear as an option to unlock 1P. I removed and added back the Touch ID in settings. Switched the Touch option in 1P off, rebooted, then turned on again. Still doesn't appear. Can you help?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Ellis! If you've already tried all of that, then yes, we can still assist -- but it's a fairly invasive procedure. See this post for more information and instructions, and make sure you've got a good backup of your entire hard drive before you begin.

• Ellis
    Ellis
    Community Member

Thanks. I'm not running Mojave though. Does that matter? Why the warning about a hard drive backup? Is the terminal move a scary one?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Ellis - you're resetting your entire user keychain -- if anything goes wrong, you'll want to have a backup to revert to. Let us know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.