Potential bugs in 1Password 7.2.1

tubedogg
tubedogg
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Mac

When editing items in 1Password 7.2.1 on macOS Mojave on a Mac mini (late 2018), I have found a couple glitches. I'm not sure if these exist on other macOS versions than 10.14.1.

1. When editing an item, if you make changes to one field (e.g. website) and then delete another field (e.g. website 2) or section without saving the item first, the contents of the first field revert to whatever they were before the change. If I change two fields and then delete another field or section, only the last-edited field reverts.
  2. Sometimes, when changing the type of a newly-created item from Text to something else, e.g. Password or One-Time Password, the item doesn't switch types...kind of. Going from Text to OTP, for example, the icon to the far right of the field (the drop-down to switch types) changes to OTP, but the field's contents don't change to a monospace font, clicking on the drop-down again reveals that Text is still checked, and the QR code icon does not appear. As I say, this is only sometimes, and I haven't been able to figure out a pattern as to when this occurs. Usually selecting the correct type a second time fixes it, but sometimes it takes selecting it a third time for it to completely switch over.
  3. I'm using Dark mode in Mojave. I don't know if this is because of that. When editing the Notes field and adding preformatted text, either using triple backticks around the whole bit of text, or single backticks at the beginning and end of each line, then saving the item, it flashes and disappears a couple of times (including the content below it jumping up as if it was gone completely) before it finally returns to visibility permanently. I've noticed that any text that is not surrounded in preformatted markup actually stays put, but turns black (which against the Dark mode color is nearly invisible).

Here's an example of text which caused this (this is just me bashing on the keyboard, not real 2FA backup codes):
Backup codes
`123456`
`098775`
`343252`

The reason I think this might have something to do with Dark mode is after it's done flashing, the items are on a light-grey background which sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the window around it.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.1 (70201002)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tubedogg - thanks for the detailed reports! I'm unable to reproduce your item #1, so I'm wondering whether this is something that might be either a function of you restarting 1Password 7 for Mac or your entire Mac -- or if it's a function of me being on the latest beta. In fact, if you're amenable to running beta software, I'd suggest downloading 7.2.2.BETA-5 and trying these issues again. Make sure you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) before running the installer, but see how that works for you.

I can tell you that your #2 issue is one we've already identified, and are working on, but no solution yet. Your #3 issue should also be addressed in 7.2.2; we've made changes to how Markdown works in 1Password 7 for Mac, so let us know how that works for you as well. Thanks for reporting these! :)

This discussion has been closed.