Files stored in default folder on dropbox - duplications?

sandmarker
sandmarker
Community Member

In my 1Password.agilekeychain file on dropbox (1Password V6) my data file contains a default folder which has one contents.js file and many many files with hexadecimal names and 1password extensions. Every time a file is updated in my 1Password I get a notification that 2 files have been changed and when I examine the data folder it is both the contents.js and a hexadecimal files that are modified at the same time. Is this correct, or have I somehow establish file duplication in my dropbox? If so, how do I resolve this? Many thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @sandmarker! No, that's the way it's supposed to be. The hexadecimal file is the actual item, while contents.js is just what it sounds like - an index...which is also changed when you update an item.

However, I would suggest that you take a few minutes and upgrade your sync keychain from Agile Keychain to OPVault. The Agile Keychain format was great when we introduced it...just over ten YEARS ago. But its time has come and gone, and the OPVault format is not only much smaller, faster and more robust, it's also been out for nearly five years. If you're still using Agile Keychain, it's time to change. Hope that helps! :)

• sandmarker
    sandmarker
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I have just upgraded my sync keychain to OPVault as suggested. Best regards. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sandmarker - awesome! Glad I was able to assist. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.