After Update to Mojave 10.14 on my Mac, 1Pass word does not work. I cannot even deinstall it.

Agapanthus
Agapanthus
Community Member

After the Mojave update I installed and deinstalled 1Password several times for various reasons. I will explain after we will have solved the basic problem. Now I wanted to deinstall 1Password again, which is not possible. I am told in German "1Password data is used is used by another 1password copy. I cannot deinstall 1password in the finder either. What can I do now.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Agapanthus! I really can't say at all from just what you've said here. In general, you need to make sure you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) before trying to remove it -- simply using ⌘Q will not do it. In 1Password 7 for Mac, you also need to make sure Safari is closed, because the extension for 1Password in Safari is part of the 1Password app itself, so 1Password 7 for Mac cannot be deleted while Safari is open.

This discussion has been closed.