Switched to 1Password membership

figueira
figueira
Community Member

I like to use one vault, but now have 3. Private, shared, and my primary which is my synced to iCloud. Do I need all these vaults? Now my Private has 250 and Primary has 243. I want to make sure these numbers are the same. Can someone help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Those vaults mean that you have a 1PW Family membership. Did you intend to get that, or might you have wanted an Individual membership?

Shared is (as its name suggests) the vault for passwords you want to share with other family members. Private is your own membership vault, that no-one else in the family can see. Primary is the vault carried over when you moved from licence to membership, and copied into the Private vault. Once you are happy with everything, you can delete the Primary vault, preferably by unchecking the option Allow creation of vaults outside account in Preferences > Advanced.

Why does your Private account have 7 more items than Primary? I am not quite sure, you would have to check yourself. But some, maybe all, of them will be information about your 1PW account.

• figueira
    figueira
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

So I don’t need my account to Sync with iCloud anymore to get info on all devices?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Right, you don't need the Primary account, so you don't need to sync it with iCloud. The Private and Shared accounts sync automatically through 1password.com. That's one of the advantages of the subscription.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @figueira! @danco is correct: it appears (from your description) that you've signed up for a 1Password Families account. The good news here is that your 1password.com account is synced everywhere for you automatically. Nothing for you to do or configure or update or troubleshoot. Just sign into your account in 1Password on every device you want to use it on, and you'll be all set to go! You'll want to remove the older, no-longer-necessary Primary vault on each device. You can do that using the method @danco recommended on your Mac(s). On your iOS devices, you can simply Start Over by deleting 1Password and re-installing, then signing into your account at first-run. Hope this helps! :)

• figueira
    figueira
    Community Member

Thank you for all the help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@figueira - you're quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.