Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them not working even with update and uninstall

fasco710
fasco710
Community Member

Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them not working even with update and uninstall.
I have uninstalled app, both extension and native Mac app
I have updated both of these
I have restarted Mac
I have rebooted Mac
I have tried other forum feeds but no luck.

This feature is really helpful and makes my workflow much easier, please help 😩

Note: I know that I am on a beta version of MacOS but the feature was working a week ago and I haven't changed anything since then.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14 beta
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:save login automatically

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @fasco710! Hmmm, that's odd. Two things to check: one, now that 1Password 7 for Mac is a fully-sandboxed application (even when you download/install it directly from us instead of the Mac App Store), so it requires that both 1Password and any browsers it interacts with be located in your main /Applications folder, not anywhere else. If you've got either 1Password or browsers in odd locations (like ~/Applications), it won't work.

The other possibility is: if you haven't paid for version 7, you'll be in Read Only mode. You can "unlock" this by either purchasing a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, or by signing into a 1password.com account within 1Password 7 for Mac.

If it's neither of those things, then we'll have to do a little more digging. Let us know! :)

• fasco710
    fasco710
    Community Member

Hi Lars, thanks for your response.
    Sadly still not working though, I have checked that Safari and 1Password are in my main /Applications folder. I also have a paid subscriptions to 1Password and can still add new logins manually, so I can't be in Read Only mode I think.

Any other ideas?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fasco710 - hmmm, is it possible you just don't have the extension enabled in Safari Preferences > Extensions? Or that you don't have the Autosave box checked in 1Password 7's Preferences > Browsers?

• fasco710
    fasco710
    Community Member

Hey @Lars, sadly I do have the extension installed in Safari. I have deleted it and reinstalled it from 1Password.com also.
    As for the Autosave that is also activated, I have turned it off and back on just in case also, to no avail though. 😕

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fasco710 - please click 1Password (menu item) > License and take a screenshot of the pop-up window you see. Include it with a reply to this thread. Thanks!

• fasco710
    fasco710
    Community Member

I can't find License where you mentioned

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fasco710 - OK, if you don't even see it there, then that means you likely downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store, is that the case?

If so, then you would need a 1password.com account in order for this to work properly. Are you running 1Password in standalone mode, or do you have a 1Password account?

• fasco710
    fasco710
    Community Member

@Lars Well it's a family account that I think we purchased from 1Password.com
    I then just downloaded the respective clients on Mac and iPhone (both from App stores yes) and entered the credentials that I got from the registration on 1Password.com.
    I'll delete the client and download it from 1Password.com to see if that does anything.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fasco710 - sorry for the delayed response; I was away for the Thanksgiving holiday. Are you still experiencing this problem?

This discussion has been closed.