Change MacOS App login account after master password restoration

jceeetle
jceeetle
Community Member

My wife forgot her master password so I performed a restore and she can now log in online with the new secret key and master password. But the 1Password 7 app on MacOS still has the old credentials and old secret key. I can't seem to update it to the new key. In Preferences->Accounts, the old account and key is shown and the + and - buttons are greyed out. How do I delete the old info and update it to the new info?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jceeetle - glad you were able to recover your wife's account; it's a great feature of 1password.com accounts. In the past, if you forgot your Master Password, that would have been it: no way for us OR you to reset your account. Now, anyone who's a Family Organizer (or Admin/Owner in 1Password Teams accounts) can do so.

In 1Password for Mac, however, if the 1password.com account is the only one she's signed in with, you'll want to click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data. This will remove all data from 1Password for Mac, and the next time you launch it, it will be as if you (she) is a new user. Just click the option to sign into her account, and use the new credentials.

This discussion has been closed.