Restrict characters to specific symbol set for password generation by login

Mork
Mork
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Mac

I've noticed that for some log-ins companies will only accept a subset of the special symbols 1Password generates. Since, AFAIK, there's no way to say: "Yes, 1P, please generate a random password, but only use these symbols (like "?", &",and !", for example)". In these cases, I have to then choose to create word passwords and then manually go back in and modify these passwords with numbers, uppercase, etc.

_So, will 1P let me, or can it now somehow, use random passwords (not words delimited by ".", ",", etc.) **but SPECIFY the symbols it will use? I would want to control which symbols get used BY LOGIN, not globally. So, by default, 1P would do what it does now, but perhaps there's a new field that lets me enter, BY LOGIN, which symbols are OK for that LOGIN._**

1Password is such a complete program this is one of the few things that appears to be missing....more control over symbols used in password generation....BY LOGIN.

Thanks,

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mork: It isn't something 1Password supports currently. It's certainly possible in the future, but we haven't found a good way of offering something like that that's user-friendly. Definitely on our radar though.

This discussion has been closed.