Can't login after recovery.

j6oh9nny
j6oh9nny
Community Member

Greetings,
We have the Family Plan.
One member could not login in on iPad using app. We did the Recovery procedure but still no success. During recovery we got this mess. "The operation couldn't be complete. (Webkitblobresource error1". I backed up to prev. page which said all is complete , sign in ... and did , ok. But after signing out still could not sign in from iPad app, nor LG phone app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @j6oh9nny

Is the family member in question able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ ?

Ben

• j6oh9nny
    j6oh9nny
    Community Member

Hey Ben ,

Thanks for responding.

Yes she can.

John

• @j6oh9nny

Great. Does she see all of her information there? If so I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password so that it can be set up with her account fresh.

Ben

• j6oh9nny
    j6oh9nny
    Community Member

Ben,

Yes its all there.

Reinstalling?? Do you mean on her iPad and LG phone only or on all of our devices?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@j6oh9nny: If all of the data is in the account, you can safely reinstall the app on those devices and set them up by signing in with the new account credentials. Just be sure to enter them all, as opposed to selecting the old ones, which may be saved there.

• j6oh9nny
    j6oh9nny
    Community Member

Hey brenty,

Not sure of the reinstall?

As the Fam. Adm. do I set up my wife's iPad ( and LG phone) by going through the invitation procedure or just download app... first ?
    I have removed the iPad app.
    Do I need to delete user in .1password.com before reinstall ?
    Won't I loose all her data?
    What are the steps I need to take to make this done right.

Thanks for help ,
    John

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@j6oh9nny: DO NOT delete the account. Verify that you can sign into the website with the new account credentials, and confirm that all of the data is there. After you've done that, you can delete the app from the device, and then reinstall it to set it up with the account. Again, enter all of the account credentials, rather than relying on any that are saved there already, as those would likely be the old ones, from before the account recovery. Let me know how it turns out!

• j6oh9nny
    j6oh9nny
    Community Member

Hi brenty, I have , as per your instructions......

1 Not deleted anything.
    2 Verified web site and data, ok.
    3 Deleted app from iPad.
    4 Reinstalled app.
    5 Clicked 1PW window, then "New to 1PW" screen and selected 1PW.com.
    Selected our account and entered my wife's Master PW. and got " a problem with sign in". Tried my Master PW with same results.
    After some fooling around I somehow ended up in web site again and clicked "Get the apps" ... followed instructions and got the 1PW working (on the iPad).
    Go figure ??? Yay.

On a side note , I have used 1PW for almost 4 years on my iMac and iPhone and appreciated it as a great security tool. So much that I thought it should be on my wife's iPad and phone. Well, this Family thing we have found very difficult to set up, confusing ,and cumbersome. Maybe a main page with index would help users. Oh, and now you're billing us monthly! If I knew then what I know now...

Anyway.
    Thanks again brenty ,
    John

• Step 5 seems to have been the problem:

Clicked 1PW window, then "New to 1PW" screen and selected 1PW.com.

You (and your wife) are not new to 1Password. You each have an account. The "new to 1Password" option is for folks who want to sign up for a new membership.

Maybe a main page with index would help users.

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble finding information. We do have some resources available:

P.S. I'd highly recommend that each of you print your respective Emergency Kits, which will help avoid difficulties like this in the future: Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@j6oh9nny: Also this:

Selected our account and entered my wife's Master PW. and got " a problem with sign in". Tried my Master PW with same results.

As I mentioned a couple times earlier,

enter all of the account credentials, rather than relying on any that are saved there already, as those would likely be the old ones, from before the account recovery.

If you "selected" the account, you may be entering the correct Master Password, but the other credentials will be the old ones, from before recovery. The Secret Key is random and will be completely different now. So at the very least you'd need to enter the new one instead of selecting what was saved. Please keep that in mind going forward, and make sure you have an up-to-date Emergency Kit, as Ben mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.