Is the clickable 1Password icon in username/password fields only available in 1Password X?

geeduhb
geeduhb
Community Member

I just switched over from LastPass the other day and am loving the apps/interface of 1Password. I initially started with the 1Password X extension for Chrome not understanding the difference, but switched over to the companion (app requiring) one when I discovered it allowed you to use Touch ID and not have to log in every time the vault locked. However, today, I don't seem to have the icon in the username/password boxes to click to select the login I want to fill, or to auto create new passwords for sites (as demonstrated in this video on the Youtube channel.) Am I having an issue with the extension or is this "feature" only available with the 1Password X extension? I am fine with it not auto filling, but having the icon in the box to click is much easier that having to open the app every time.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @geeduhb! Sorry for the confusion. Yes, that feature is only available with 1Password X. With the companion extension to the native 1Password 7 for Mac app, you can make extensive use (if you're a keyboard guy) of our keyboard shortcuts (hint: ⌘\ is your best friend ;) ). And if you're more of a mouse-based person, clicking the 1Password icon in Chrome's top bar or in your Mac's menubar will allow you to fill items on pages you've visited as well. Additionally, if you're in the main 1Password app, you can double-click any Login item, and it will:

1. Open your default browser, if it isn't already
    2. Visit the saved URL in the Login item you clicked
    3. Fill in your credentials for you

...leaving you only to have to press "return" to submit the login form. Hope that helps! :)

• geeduhb
    geeduhb
    Community Member

I have tried the keyboard shortcut and it works, but what happens in the situation where you have multiple logins for a particular site?

• @geeduhb,

It displays 1Password mini and lets you choose which one you want to use to fill.

• geeduhb
    geeduhb
    Community Member

@rudy gotcha, thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@geeduhb - on behalf of rudy and myself, you're quite welcome. Glad we were able to clear things up. :)

• geeduhb
    geeduhb
    Community Member

@lars you guys have demonstrated very impressive customer service, thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@geeduhb - thank YOU for the kind words -- and thanks for being a 1Password user. :)

This discussion has been closed.