I can only copy items one at a time from one vault to another

bobdesimone
bobdesimone
Community Member

I am running a subscription version, but want to backup vault to my Mac. I created a "Primary Vault" on my mac, selected all items in my "Private Vault", and choose Item:Copy to Vault:Primary. Nothing copies over. If I select one item and do the same it will copy over. If I select 2 or more items nothing copies.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:copying multiple items

Comments

• Hi @bobdesimone ,

Are these items documents? If so, they can not be copied over since standalone vaults do not support Document items. If you select multiple non-document items, do they copy over successfully?

Note, to back up your documents, first, save them to a folder on your desktop. Then create items in your Primary vault, and add the files as attachments.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• bobdesimone
    bobdesimone
    Community Member

They are not documents, I had read about the document issue. They are any other item, be it logins, bank accounts cc etc. When selecting 2 or more items, and selecting copy, I receive pop-up showing the number of items, and asking to confirm copy (see attached), but nothing copies.

• bobdesimone
    bobdesimone
    Community Member

I recorded a quick video clip showing process and lack of copying multiple items and tried to attach it to this comment, but not able to. I can email it to you?

• bobdesimone
    bobdesimone
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin ,

Do you have a further suggestion to fix my problem?

Thanks,

@bobdesimone

• Hi @bobdesimone ,

I have one more thing for you to try before we get some diagnostic information.

1. Open the vault switcher in the sidebar.
    2. Select the items.
    3. Hold down the option key and drag the items to the Primary vault in the sidebar. You should see a little green plus sign beside the cursor to indicate it will copy.

Let me know if that works or not.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• bobdesimone
    bobdesimone
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin

Yes, that method does copy multiple items.

Thanks,
    Bob

• Hi @bobdesimone ,

OK, thanks for letting me know. If you ever try again and it does not work, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• The date and time you tried the failed copy
    • A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/475736/#Comment_475736
    • Your forum username: bobdesimone

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the report. Then we can have a look at see what went wrong.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• bobdesimone
    bobdesimone
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

Hi @ag_kevin
    There is still a functionality problem, because I can not copy multiple items via the menu, only through drag and drop. Should I send the diagnostic report?

• ag_kevin
    edited December 2018

Hi @bobdesimone ,

Yes please. Generate the report right after you try it again. Please put the date/time you tried when you email the report.

Thanks,
    Kevin

ref: JNN-24587-142

This discussion has been closed.