No server communication after waking up computer

Steps to reproduce (might require some time between them, also my little amount of memory on the laptop could cause this too):
1. Have Chrome browser opened
2. Put your computer to sleep for some time
3. Wake it up
4. Notice that 1Password X has no server connection: no new login data will appear (if added on another device), you cannot save/update new login information getting error message that says the extension was unable to contact the server

This happened to me dozen of times, though I was not always paying attention since you don't update or save new login information that frequent, but I believe this behavior might be the case even each time. Restarting the browser seems to fix it, but that's not what I wanna do each time, right? Disabling and enabling extension in settings without restarting the browser does not help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.12.3
OS Version: Windows 10 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

Hello @p0358,

I believe the beta version of 1Password X may include a fix for what your describing, if I'm identifying the correct bug based on your description. In order to see if I have identified the correct bug I have a request. When it next happens can you try locking 1Password X and then unlocking and seeing if the issue persists or if it starts to behave again.

As it's Chrome, you could then also try the beta version of 1Password X if you find you can reliably reproduce the issue. You can find the beta extension at 1Password extension - Chrome Web Store. You're certainly not obliged to test the beta if you'd rather what for a stable release, I only offer it in case you're happy to try and on the possibility that it might help.

ref: x/b5x#638

This discussion has been closed.