Synchronization between Chrome extension and iOS app

Options
cacciarini
cacciarini
Community Member

Hi, I use 1Password subscription and I would like to know why it does not sync my app that I have in the iPhone 5 iOS 10.3.3 with the extension of Google Chrome with OS windows. In fact, the changes made to files via pc are not updated on the app.
Thanks Claudio

1Password Version: iOS 6.9.1
Extension Version: Chrome 1.12.3
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cacciarini

In 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts on iOS do you see the same 1Password membership account listed that you are signed into in Chrome on Windows? Do you see all of your information if you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser (like Chrome on Windows)?

Please let me know.

Ben

• cacciarini
    cacciarini
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    the account I use is the same and if I log in from the PC's Chrome browser it's all right. Yesterday I added the credentials of your forum in the logins category via Chrome PC and everything is ok, but then do not sync in the app of the phone.
    I wanted to know then why the logins of the app are not automatically entered credentials, as was the case with the operator Lastpass. Maybe you have to set it up and if so, how do you do it?
    Thanks for your attention.

Claudio

• Ben
    Options

Claudio,

There is no additional setup required other than logging into the same 1Password account on each device. If you log in at https://my.1password.com/ do you see the item you added in Chrome?

Ben

• ToysRGood
    ToysRGood
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben and Claudio,

I'm having this same problem. When I login in on the app on my iPhone, I see the same 1Password membership as when I log in on Chrome on my PC. But I added my bank, which shows in the Chrome version of 1Password, and it does not appear in the 1Password app on my iPhone.

Elisabeth

• Ben
    Options

@ToysRGood,

Do you see the bank login in question if you log in at https://my.1password.com/ ? The answer to that question would give us some indication of where things are going wrong.

Ben

• ToysRGood
    ToysRGood
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I see it if I login at https://my.1password.com/ - but I don't see it either on my phone nor if I look in the Windows 1Password app on my computer.

Elisabeth

• cacciarini
    cacciarini
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I have the same problem represented by Elisabeth. Any changes or additions I make from the PC via https://my.1password.com or Chrome extension is ok but does not sync with my iPhone app.

Claudio

• Ben
    Options

@ToysRGood and @cacciarini

On the iPhone if you look in 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts do you see the same account that you're signed into at my.1password.com ? If so if you switch to the categories tab at the bottom of the screen and then using the vault selector (top left) you select the "All Vaults" view are you able to locate the items / changes in question?

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@cacciarini

I realized I've already asked you the first part of that question, so please skip to the latter part.

Ben

• ToysRGood
    ToysRGood
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I found it!! On both my iPhone and the Windows app, it's under "all items" - I was looking under "logins." Hooray!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that did the trick @ToysRGood. :+1:

Ben

• cacciarini
    cacciarini
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    as I told you, the accounts are the same, both on the PC and on the iPhone. In the iPhone app although I select all the elements I do not see the files added or changed via the PC account. To get them the same, I have to do it manually. I think this is due to the fact that the iPhone app is no longer updated to the new version.
    Thanks Claudio

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cacciarini: It sounds like you need to open the main 1Password app on your device. It can't update data there on a mobile device when it's not even running. What are your All Vaults settings on each device?

• cacciarini
    cacciarini
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,
    as I said, the changes I make in my account through the windows Chrome extension, are not applied to the iPhone app and vice versa. The settings of the app are those of the installation. I add that when I open the iPhone app, it asks me to update it to the latest version in order to continue using it but then this does not happen. Maybe because I have iOS 10.3.3 ?????
    Thanks Claudio

• Ben
    Options

@cacciarini

Please try this:

1. Log in at https://my.1password.com using a web browser
    2. Select a vault
    3. Create a new Secure Note item in that vault named "Test for iPhone"
    4. Launch the 1Password app on your iPhone
    5. Navigate to the Categories tab
    6. Use the vault switcher at the top of the screen to switch to the vault you selected in step 2
    7. Select the Secure Notes category
    8. Check and see if you see the "Test for iPhone" item in that vault

Modern versions of 1Password require iOS 12, so if you're running iOS 10 you will not be able to install the latest versions of 1Password. That said, I'm not confident (yet) that is the issue here.

Ben

• cacciarini
    cacciarini
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I followed your procedure but I did not get any results. Surely the problem lies in the iOS of my iPhone that is old and therefore not compatible. At this point I just have to buy a new iPhone !!!!!!!
    Thank you for your interest and merry Christmas to all the staff.
    Claudio

• Ben
    Options

Merry Christmas Claudio. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cacciarini: Actually, just to confirm, what is the exact version of 1Password for iOS you're running, and do you have two-factor authentication enabled on your 1Password account?

• cacciarini
    cacciarini
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, I have version 6.9.1 as it is not updated anymore and I have enabled two-factor authentication on my account.
    Claudio

• Ben
    Options

Ah, thanks for the update. That would be the difficulty then. 1Password 7 for iOS is required to log in to 1Password membeship accounts that hae two-factor authentication enabled. To access 1Password from iOS you'd either need to disable 2FA for your account or upgrade to a newer iOS device.

Ben

• cacciarini
    cacciarini
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I finally solved the problem. Disabling two-factor authentication of my account, now everything is OK. Thanks again for your contribution and good work. You were great !!!!!!!!!!!!
    A hello from Claudio and Italy.

• Ben
    Options

I'm glad to hear that resolved the problem for you. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. And hello from New York. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.