just downloaded the newest operating system for my Mac; my 1password icon disappeared. Where is it?

SusanStenovec
SusanStenovec
Community Member

Every time I download a new operating system, the 1 password icon disappears from my Mac. I can't figure out how to get it back. I try to sign into your website but it asks for a Key and I don't know what that means, either. Please help.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:just downloaded the newest operating system for my Mac; my 1password icon disappeared. Where is it?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @SusanStenovec! I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you tell us:

• What specific version of macOS you're currently using?
    • What specific version of 1Password for Mac you're running
    • What specific version of 1Password extension you're running in your browser (and which browser)
    • What you mean when you say "...the 1 password icon disappears from my Mac." From where does it disappear? How have you solved this problem in the past, if this isn't the first time you've experienced it?
    • Anything else you think might be relevant to us helping you solve the problem.

Thanks! :)

• SusanStenovec
    SusanStenovec
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    The icon magically appeared at some point; not sure this happened and I'd love to know more about this program. It is above my browser window next to the battery and time icons
    My macOC is Mojave 10.14.1
    My version of 1password for Mac is version 6.8.9
    I use Chrome.
    What does 1 password mean when it asks for my "key"?
    Thank you,
    Susan

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@SusanStenovec - I'm glad to hear you can now see/use the 1Password icon. What you're referring to is the 1Password mini, residing in your Mac's menubar. Can you tell me what you mean by "key?" When are you getting asked this? In your browser, via a pop-up? Something else? Are you able to open/unlock 1Password, and when you do, can you see all your data there?

This discussion has been closed.