Problems with 1Password after migration. I cannot open the 1Password app on my computer.

Options
terrejane
terrejane
Community Member

I completed the migration of data to my new computer 2 days ago and have spent the last 2 days reactivating some programs and apps including 1Password. Yesterday I found the extensions needed and everything seemed fine. Today I received a message that popped up on my screen, which said it was from 1Password and simply asked me to enter my password, without any explanation. I was not using 1 Password at the time. I distrusted that message because it was sent to me without my contacting your website or using your app. So I declined and closed the dialog box. Immediately the icon for 1Password in the tray at the bottom of the screen, turned into a large question mark and I could not, can not, access the program except through the button in the Safari tool bar. I upgraded to Mojave about a week before I migrated to the new computer; I am on version 10.14.1. My computer is an iMac with retina display. I do not know the version of the extension I downloaded but I assume that it is the most current version.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• terrejane
    terrejane
    Community Member
    Options

I had just migrated a few days ago and have been working ever since getting extensions for 1Password, etc. Several programs needed to be updated after the move. Just about an hour ago a box pops up that asked for a password for 1Password and it looked strange to me. I didn't trust it so I clicked cancel and now the icon for 1Password (in the bottom tray) has been replaced by a huge question mark. What have I done?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Without knowing any details, it's hard to say. But it sounds like you have a link to an old version of 1Password in the Dock -- hence the question mark. The dialogue was probably asking you to update that link, and you declined it, so you've got that now. You can always right-click to remove it, and drag the app there from the /Applications folder to add the current version to the Dock. Let me know how it goes.

• terrejane
    terrejane
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for not replying sooner but just to close this out if anyone else runs across same issue, that worked. Everything working great now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.