1Password Not Syncing on MacOS After Apple ID Password Change

Sharpclaw
Sharpclaw
Community Member

Hello!

My problem seems similar to the one described here, but occurred more recently (it started 6 days ago) and after an Apple ID password change.
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97691/1password-mini-syncing-problem-after-updating-to-mojave

I have 1Password ver. 6.8.9 (689000), purchased through the Mac App Store, syncing through DropBox, running on MacOS Mojave ver. 10.14.1.

I updated to Mojave a while ago and things ran fine. However, six days ago, I updated my Apple ID password, which is also my login password for the affected Mac. Since that change, 1Password Mini keeps giving me that message:

1Password Sync
Problem detected
Update preferences

My 1Password Sync preferences look fine, and my other devices are syncing with the same setup without a problem.

The timing of the Apple ID password change and this syncing issue could be a coincidence, but the close timing makes me wonder whether there is some cause-and-effect relationship between the two.

Either way, is there a way I can fix this issue so that 1Password continues to sync on the affected Mac?

Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: 6.8.9 (689000)
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• @Sharpclaw,

Have you tried setting the pop-up button that says dropbox to none and then back to dropbox again? Effectively turning it off and on again?

• Sharpclaw
    Sharpclaw
    Community Member

Ha! The classic I.T. response did actually work. Thank you for that suggestion. :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Sharpclaw - on behalf of rudy, you're quite welcome. There's a reason why "did you try turning it off and back on again" has become a tech support cliché, and it's because of how astonishingly often it works. It won't solve every problem, but it's often the best place to start -- so, glad it worked in this case! :)

This discussion has been closed.