After 7.2.2 upgrade, 1Password no longer a Safari extension.

davegriffin
davegriffin
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Mac

I have a laptop that upgraded to 7.2.2 with no apparent issues. My iMac did the same thing today and poof! it's no longer in Safari. I've tried quitting and restarting 1Password and Safari several times. The 1Password Extension Helper process is running. It's just no longer an extension (i.e., does not appear in the extension list... it is my only extension).

Despite having install extensions automatically enabled it wasn't updating it by itself, so I searched for and installed the 7.2.2 extension manually. It then appears in the extension list, but is nowhere to be found on the toolbar. So I stopped and restarted Safari and, finally, it reappears.

UPDATE: Now I find out that it really isn't working because it is no longer licensed and doesn't even have an option for a license.. Now I have to hunt that down. Argh! And, just to make things more fun... I lists itself as being version 7.2.2 Mac App Store... (a problem found elsewhere that I had to deal with... Time to reinstall I guess...) Downloaded and reinstalled from your website. Now, I think, back to normal.

(On the whole V7 has been not the same pleasure to install and use as prior versions of 1P)

FYI

• dave

Comments

• Jusacruiser
    Jusacruiser
    Community Member

Was there an answer to this Safari Extension problem?? I am having the same issue.

• davegriffin
    davegriffin
    Community Member

Other than deleting everything and then reinstalling, apparently not...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@davegriffin - I'm sorry for the confusion! 1Password 7 for Mac is indeed a new version and as such requires a new purchase, or a 1password.com membership.

Now I find out that it really isn't working because it is no longer licensed and doesn't even have an option for a license.

Right, sort of. :) - if 1Password 7 for Mac - or indeed any version of 1Password for Mac - is unlicensed, you cannot add/edit/delete any data, and you cannot use the browser extension. But it's not the case that there's no option for a license. We offer standalone licensing for those who want it, in the version of 1Password 7 for Mac downloaded directly from us. The Mac App Store version of 1Password 7 for Mac is now membership-only, for various reasons, so if you installed from the Mac App Store and you would like a standalone license, Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then delete the 1Password app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. Then visit our downloads page and download our version 7 and run the installer. On first run, you'll see the Purchase Options screen after unlocking:

Make sure you choose the indicated license purchase option, and you'll be taken to our FastSpring store, where you can currently purchase a standalone license for $49.99 at "launch special" pricing (regularly $64.99). Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions. :)

• davegriffin
    davegriffin
    Community Member

Hi Lars. I guess I didn't make this clear in my original post. I had a V7 licensed copy (dowloaded from AgileBits). It is installed on two Macs. The 7.2.2 upgrade notice popped up and I said "sure" and it upgraded my laptop just fine. When I did the same thing a day later on my iMac all of the symptoms described appeared. It's as if the upgrade installed from the App Store or something, but since everything looks nearly identical (and no errors were reported) it took a bit of time for me to figure out the repair sequence.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@davegriffin - ah, OK, thanks for the clarification and sorry for my mis-read. Glad to hear you're back up and running (at least, I presume you are? Let me know if not).

This discussion has been closed.