Master pasword

Russ871
Russ871
Community Member

When I try to sign in at the online web sight, I use my password that I use to sign to sign in on my iMac. It doesn't work. So I guess my question is, what is master password? I assumed it was the same password I use to log into my 1Password account on my iMac, iPhone or iPad. If not, how do I find it. I do have an emergency kit.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Russ871! Sorry for the confusion. If you created a 1password.com account, then you would've been asked to create a Master Password at that time. It could have been but does not necessarily have to be the same one you used in your previous 1Password standalone setup. Unfortunately, if you don't remember the Master Password you created when you set up your 1password.com account, unless you're a member of a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account where an administrator or Family Organizer can help you recover your account, we won't be able to assist you, since your Master Password is never transmitted to us or stored on our servers.

Can you tell me: in 1Password on your Mac, iPhone or iPad, are you signed into your 1password.com account? Or do you have only your local (standalone) data there?

• Russ871
    Russ871
    Community Member

I believe I am signed into 1Password. Com account as all my devices are automatically update with any changes I make.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Russ871 - I'm glad to hear your devices are all syncing with one another, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're signed into your 1password.com account. Please click Preferences > Accounts and let me know what you see there. Is there an account (or more than one)? Or is it empty?

• Russ871
    Russ871
    Community Member

I believe I am signed into 1Password. Com account as all my devices are automatically update with any changes I make.

• Russ871
    Russ871
    Community Member

There is an account there with my name and the license number. I also can sign into 1password.com as I found my master password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Russ871 - thanks for the clarification, but I'm not quite sure where we are. You found your Master Password; that's good news. Does that mean you're all set? Or are you still having difficulties, and if so, can you re-state what the issue is now?

• Russ871
    Russ871
    Community Member

• Russ871
    Russ871
    Community Member

Everything is all set. Thanks for your help!

Russ

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Russ871 - glad to hear it! You're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.