To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

iOS Standalone Vault vs Subscription

Options
kylenorton87
kylenorton87
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Memberships

I currently use the iOS app that syncs with Dropbox, and I have no membership subscription. I am contemplating an upgrade to a membership so I can use 1Password on my PC and browser extensions as well. However, I am hesitant to do something I cannot easily undo. I read about having to migrate data when I create a membership (https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/) and am wondering what would happen if I were to change my mind and decide I want to go back to just the iOS app syncing to Dropbox with no subscription. Is there a way to migrate the data back out of the membership vault and just use it as a standalone in the iOS app as I am now?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kylenorton87: When you sign up for a 1Password.com membership and migrate your data, the original vault is not deleted. You should remove it from the app when prompted to avoid confusion (otherwise you will see "double": the same data in two vaults), but your vault in Dropbox will still be there if you decide to reinstall the app and go back to using that. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.