To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Gifting a membership [need to have an active membership through 2019, or a current license]

Options
joema9010
joema9010
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Memberships

I want to send the one year free subscription to a friend but I am finding it very difficult to do.
When I click on “Send your gift now”, and I fill in my friends email it asks me to put a “secret key” and then a “Master Password”. Where do I get those?
When I press the ? question Mark for “ secret key it takes me to a confusing page.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I do not find it easy to gift the membership just offered to a friend

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joema9010: Do you have a 1Password.com membership subscription account? You're being asked to sign into that when you select that option. That's the only way you'll have a Secret Key.

• joema9010
    joema9010
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

I have had a membership subscription account for over 2 years,currently in good standing but I can not seem to get anybody to help me obtain the key or set up code nor do know when does my subscription expires. My version is 7.
    My account is under [removed by 1Password staff -- this is a public forum] but I may have used at one time to post questions on the forum.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see you've also opened several tickets via email. I'll close this and reply there. Trying to have the same conversation in multiple places just slows down response times for everyone -- including you.

ref: THU-28889-679

This discussion has been closed.