Crash during move of vault contents

Options
John Galvin
John Galvin
Community Member

I've been a long time user of 1Password. I decided to move from the standalone app to a family account. While transferring the contents of my vault, 1Password crashed and now I seem to have two vaults with inconsistent contents. When I look at both vaults, I see:

New/Old
Logins: 295/294
Secure Notes: 44/43
Credit Cards: 2/2
Identities: 2/1
Docs: 125/0
Passwords: 0/13
Software Licenses: 47/47
Memberships: 0/1

I'm not sure how to ensure I make this consistent. Can you advise?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• John Galvin
    John Galvin
    Community Member
    Options

I've done some analysis and it seems some of the disparities are caused by automatic entries being added (e.g., a secure note entitled 'Welcome to Password').

The 125 documents seem to have been extracted from Secure Notes - why does this happen?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@John Galvin: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion. Just to clarify, if the only difference you were seeing was the number of items, I think you're right on. A new 1Password.com account includes 3 "Starter Kit" items with some important information and tips. And 1Password.com accounts also use Documents, which are separate items, for uploaded files; so you'll have one of those for each file you'd added to other items previously, as "attachments". It's been a long-standing request that it not be necessary to create, say, a Secure Note, just to be able to save a file in 1Password, and having Documents as separate items with the ability to link to others affords a lot of flexibility as well. Sorry that caught you off guard though. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.