To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I set up a new account on 1password, but my Mac client doesn't allow me to sign in

Options
coderberry
coderberry
Community Member

I forgot my password and didn't have it written down (I'm an idiot). I was able to create a new account on 1password and migrate all data over to to the new account using my phone (1password for ios).

I now have all my passwords working on my devices, except that I can no longer use the 1password mac app. I've deleted the app, the contents in ~/Library/Application Support/ and in ~/Library/Containers and restarted, but it still is not allowing me to use the new account.

I just see this: https://www.evernote.com/l/AAPCBv36PSdNcr4hq_43cHseyhrJIAPlyEQ

How can I reset this to where it works? Also, how can I cancel my subscription on the old account if I can no longer access it?

Thanks!

Eric

1Password Version: 7.2.2 (70202006)
Extension Version: 1.12.3
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @coderberry

For the Mac: Please use the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data from the menu bar at the top of the screen. As for your old inaccessible account: we can help with that. Please send us an email at sales@1password.com from the email address associated with your account. When you email in you'll get an auto-reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Thanks.

Ben

• coderberry
    coderberry
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben,

The support ID is #KRJ-54247-634

Thanks,

Eric

• Thanks @coderberry! We'll continue the discussion over email.

This discussion has been closed.