extension and auto fill

skorg264
skorg264
Community Member

I just upgraded to the newest version of Mojave. I now have two issues.

1. The 1Password Safari extension and the Mac menu button at upper right will not work. I included a screenshot video of what is happening when using the Safari extension button. Nothing happens at all using the menu button.
  2. Before the problem with the extension after I upgraded to the newest Mojave, when I used the autofill, it would fill the fields with her login name and password but then it will not login. I have to manually hit the login button for it to do its thing.

I could be related to the fact I had to uninstall my macOS and reinstall it as it was glitchy. I restored all my apps via Time Machine. I also went to 1Password to make sure it was the latest version.

Any suggestions what to do?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    1. Not sure aout this, but have you checked in Safari>Preferences>Extensions to see if the 7.2.2 extension is present and enabled. If not, there's the cause of your problem.

2.Apple has made some changes to improve security. The result is that 1PW autofills but can no longer autosubmit. Rather than manually hitting the login button, you will probably find that pressing the Return key logs you in and is a smoother process.

• skorg264
    skorg264
    Community Member
    1. Yes the extension is enabled.
    2. Thanks for the update. I made a mistake in wording. It does auto fill; just no longer auto submits.
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@skorg264 - thanks for the clarification. Auto fill should work more or less as normal -- in fact, it should be better than ever in 1Password 7 for Mac and on Safari 12 in Mojave. But auto-SUBMIT is gone and won't be returning, due to security tightened up by Apple in Mojave. Let us know if you have any questions.

• skorg264
    skorg264
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars, for verifying what Danco said

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.