Batch move items to new vault, or batch delete

Options
cyberskier
cyberskier
Community Member
edited November 2018 in iOS

Is there a way to move multiple items at once to a new vault? Searching items has become very very sluggish for me, to the point of making the app almost unusable. I suspect it may be because I have a decade or two worth of passwords in my vaults (about 1800 items). Since I don’t use most of them any longer, I’d rather not have to delete them (or move to an “unused” vault) one at a time.

I’d be happy to do this on a Mac, too. I just happen to be away from home this weekend, with only my iOS devices.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• cyberskier
    cyberskier
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I’m still curious about batch moving items, but I believe I’ve cured the sluggishness on my iPad Pro. I tried to figure out why my iPhone wasn’t too slow, while the Pro was. The difference was that the Pro had a local vault, which was a duplicate of my main vault from when I switched to a 1Password account. Deleting that vault fixed things, and got me back down to 1800 items (with it I was closer to 3600 items).

It did appear that the app was frozen for a while when I deleted the vault, but I waited and eventually it finished. I didn’t initially see any change in speed of the app, but a force quit and relaunch has things working well.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cyberskier

Thanks for the update on the slowness. We are aware of the situation where having a "Primary" vault around after having migrated to a 1Password account can cause slowness and the recommended solution is to delete that vault, as you've done. As for moving items we have a guide available here:

Move and copy items | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• cyberskier
    cyberskier
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. That’s exactly what I was looking for.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.