Cannot add iPad to existing account

hansboehm
hansboehm
Community Member

Hello,
I've got an active 1P family license.
1P and Dropbox are installed on my iMac and on my iPhone.
Now I purchased a new iPad pro, downloaded Dropbox and 1P app from iTunes store.
On the iPad I proceeded with the installation to the point when 1P prompts "Add Account".
I scanned from my iMac's screen the QR code from the Emergency Kit which self populated the data on the corresponding lines.
Then typed in my Master Password and pressed "Sign in" - and receive the information "Invalid Login Information".
I do not understand this: The QR code filled all information, so no error could occur in this part, the master password I keyed in is the one with which I open 1P on my iMac and also on my iPhone.
So, what could be the issue?
Thank you for your input.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.8.2
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• hansboehm
    hansboehm
    Community Member

Hello all,
    Thank you for all views and thoughts about this strange occurrence.
    I tracked the apparent problem down to "me".
    Reason:
    my iPhone syncs with iMac via Dropbox.
    We have an iMac which is registered to my wife's account.
    On the iMac we have 2 user logins (her / me).
    On my iMac user profile, 1P is installed and set to sync with my Dropbox account.
    My iPhone with the 1P app installed is set to sync with my Dropbox account.
    Hence my iPhone syncs with my iMac user account via Dropbox (worked fine all the time).
    iPad does not sync with iMac.
    The new iPad that I am using is registered to my wife's account.
    To resolve this issue we changed the setting for 1P on iMac for primary vault to sync to the iCloud - problem solved.
    I could open 1P on the iPad.
    Set settings on iMac back to sync on Dropbox.
    1P is now working on all 3 devices.
    Thanks to the forum users for looking at my original posting.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hansboehm - I'm sorry for the delay in our reply. Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

So, congratulations! Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.