In upgrading from 1P6 to 1P7, none of my new passwords were installed, only older ones.

dpawlu
dpawlu
Community Member

The upgrade to 1Password 7 somehow imported very old passwords, rather than current ones. Is there any way that I can "revert" to my current passwords? I tried restoring from an older backup in preferences with no luck. All of my financial passwords, as well as all of the others, are lost to me.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS 10.14.1
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:1P7 did not import current passwords from previous 1P app (6.8.8)

Comments

• dpawlu
    dpawlu
    Community Member

Finally figured it out. Still had to create new passwords for many of my sites.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @dpawlu! I'm sorry for the trouble, but I'm also a little confused. You say you figured it out...but you also had to create new passwords? That shouldn't be the case. When you migrate computers or change sync methods or certain other things, if you get a result like this, it is often the result of 1Password finding a much older keychain that you used years ago, and "figuring it out" involves either restoring from a backup or finding the right keychain (or both), but the end result is that you're able to restore the current (most-recent) version of your data. Were you able to do that? If so, why did you have to create new passwords?

This discussion has been closed.