Question about the validity of the IPs that my 1password application is syncing too

mvskies
mvskies
Community Member

Hello team,

I use little snitch and other tools to see what connections certain applications on my mac are making outward of my machine. Using little snitch, nettop, net stat, and other tools, I've found that the following ip . addresses create connections between my various 1password applications, helpers, etc. Seeing as how I haven't been able to to find any definitive information on the validity of these IP addresses, I would greatly appreciate a member of your time confirming that there was in fact IP adressed belonging to Agilebits and not some sort of IP address spoofing, domain posoising, etc. Below, please find the adressed I am worried about.

34.192.184.169 --> my 1password extension helper tried to connect to this IP addresses repeatedly.
[2600:1f18:60d5:4e01:59bc:b9e1:2a99:144]
[2600:1f18:60d5:4e00:21e9:27ee:60a4:7bf3]
[2600:9000:201d:d800:16:251a:50c0:93a1]

I can't seem to find others, but would be more than happy to provide them as they come along.

Thank you four tour time.

1Password Version: 7.2.3.1 BETA 1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mvskies - you're not alone! A number of us here are Little Snitch fans. I've used it myself in the past (though not currently). Those are Amazon addresses. We use AWS as our actual data host, so I'm guessing that's what those IP addresses are (though I don't actually know; would have to get in touch with our ops folks to see which are actually ours). In short, I wouldn't worry about them. You can verify this using a tool like this one, if you like. Hope that's helpful! :)

This discussion has been closed.