Wrong secret key on my iPhone

nlblackadder
nlblackadder
Community Member

I signed up for 1Password family on my iMac and all information moved over from my old 1Password 6 to my Mac just fine. (I had been using Dropbox but now assumed that I'm using the 1Password cloud.) I then downloaded the app from the App Store for my iPhone. No data transferred to my phone. I checked the secret key on the phone and it doesn't match the one on my Mac. I thought I downloaded the correct app. I now appear to have two accounts. How can I correct this?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nlblackadder: The app won't have anything to do with it; as far as accounts, it only has what you set it up with. It sounds like maybe you signed up for a new account on multiple devices. It sounds like you just need to get the credentials for the account where you've saved your data from the device you're using that on, and then sign into that same account on your other devices:

https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

Let me know how it goes. I look forward to hearing back from you!

ref: FSB-99489-759

• nlblackadder
    nlblackadder
    Community Member

I now have a trial account to 1Password for iPhone. Can I just cancel the whole thing and start over. I've tried to sign into the account that's working on my iMac using my iPhone. On the iPhone, when I use the password I use on the Mac it won't accept it. I don't understand what you mean by credentials. I do know the Secret Key for both devices but can't change it one the iPhone.

• Hey, @nlblackadder.

Sorry for the confusion. Here's what you can do. First, let's start over on your iPhone like you said. The easiest way to do that is to delete the 1Password app and download it again. Once you've done that, we can set it up with the same account you're using on your Mac:

1. Open 1Password on your Mac.
    2. In the menu bar, click "Account", then select your account from the list and click "Set Up Other Devices".
    3. You'll see a code to scan. Leave that window open and get your iPhone.
    4. Open 1Password. Since you downloaded a fresh copy you'll see the setup screen again.
    5. Under the heading "Already using 1Password?" tap "1Password.com".
    6. If you see the old account listed there, ignore it and tap "Add other account". Otherwise ignore this step. :)
    7. Tap "Scan Setup Code" and allow 1Password to access the camera.
    8. Point your camera at the code on your Mac to scan the code, and that will fill in all the details except your Master Password.
    9. Enter the Master Password you use on your Mac in the blank on your iPhone and tap "Sign in".

Now you should have the same account on your iPhone that you have on your Mac. I hope that worked for you. If you have any questions along the way, just let me know.

This discussion has been closed.