How do I update to the most recent version of 1Password7 from the Mac App Store?

mlloyd53
mlloyd53
Community Member

I cannot update 1Password7 using the Mac App store. The system keeps complaining about 1Password cannot be open during installation. I have tried to terminate all of the 1Password processes using Activity Monitor during installation to no avail.

1Password Version: 7.2.1 (70201001)
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mlloyd53 - I'm sorry for the trouble. You do need to have Safari closed, since the 1Password extension in Safari is now part of the main app, but there was also a bug that was fixed in 7.2.2, which means it won't happen again...once you update. But, for now, what it means is that you'll need to Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Just hitting ⌘Q or File > Quit won't do it, you must quit fully, then try your update again. Let us know if you have any further issues.

• mlloyd53
    mlloyd53
    Community Member

I simply dragged the 1Password 7 app to the trash and reinstalled it from the App Store, which was successful.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mlloyd53 - glad you were able to get things updated! :)

This discussion has been closed.