How do I remove 1Password6 ver 6.8.9, there are two different Sync codes between my 3 iMacs

nobleg
nobleg
Community Member

I have 3 iMacs, with 1password6 ver 6.8.9, and two iOS devices (iPhone and iPad)
My newest iMac crashed last week and Apple put in a new motherboard.
When I installed 1Password it put a different WLAN server security code on my Mid2017 iMac, from what is loaded on my 2009 iMac and 2015 iMac.

Trying to Sync 1Password is now a nightmare, due to the two different WLAN Server security codes.

My thought is if I could completely delete 1Password from my 2017 iMac, then I should be able to copy 1Password from either the 2009 or 2015 iMac and then it would have the same WLAN server security code.

I dragged 1Password to the trash and copied via wifi but that didn't work.

Need to be able to sync via the same WLAN server security code as I was able too prior to my 2017 iMac crashed.

HELP
Any chance we could talk via a phone call?
thanks
George C. Noble Jr

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1 and 10.12.6
Sync Type: WLAN Server (iMac)

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nobleg - I'm sorry for the trouble! When you're using WLAN server in a 1Password "ecosystem," it functions as a server --> client(s) model, meaning that a single Mac acts as the WLAN server, and can connect and sync with any number of 1Password clients on either iOS or Android. But Mac - to - Mac (or Mac - to - PC) WLAN sync has never been an option. You would need to have a single Mac be the WLAN server, and sync any iOS or Android devices with them, then figure out a way to sync data between Macs, such as Folder Sync to a USB flash drive, then walk it over to the other Mac (sneakernet). Here's a good troubleshooting guide for the Mac-based WLAN server, which represents about as far as we're able to troubleshoot with you, since we cannot account for the variety of setups, both in terms of diversity of clients as well as things like network setups, firewalls, and the myriad of other issues that can come into play with a WLAN Sync setup.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nobleg - sorry, forgot to add: we don't offer telephone support for 1Password. Hope the above troubleshooting guide is helpful. :)

This discussion has been closed.