Wife and I have access to each other and the kids are on their own

jbmedman
jbmedman
Community Member

I love 1Password and have used for a while. I am interested in getting the family plan with the goal of my wife and I have access to my vault so that when one of us dies, we will have that going for us! I do not care to gain access to the kids vaults, but I have 3 that I want to make 1Password available to. How do I achieve this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jbmedman

There are a couple of options available within a 1Password Families membership:

1) You can share an account with your wife. As far as 1Password would be concerned you'd be the same person. You'd use the same credentials to unlock 1Password and also would have access to all of the same data.
    2) Each you and your wife could have your own separate accounts within the membership, and not use the built-in Private vault for each of your accounts. Instead you could create a shared vault that is shared only between the two of you, and could set that as your default vault. This way you'd each have your own credentials for 1Password, and would have the option of storing items privately, but by default would be sharing everything.

For each of the kids you'll want to create them their own account within your 1Password Families membership so that they each get their own Private vault where they can store things that are not accessible to any other family members.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• jbmedman
    jbmedman
    Community Member

Thanks Ben!!

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.