There are now two blogs for 1Password.

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

Blogs.1Password.com, the current one, and blog.agilebits.com, the original one. I still go to the old blog like I did when it was said 1Password was offering free 1 year of 1Password. I didn't find it there. I later discovered I wasn't eligible anyway for being a Teams, Business and Families subscriber.

Nothing wrong with two blogs except that it can be confusing! I still think of 1Password as Agilebits 1Password but 1Password has ecclipsed Agilebits.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I noticed too late that there should be no 's' in Blogs.1Password.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, we moved to the new blog -- https://blog.1password.com -- over the summer. The old one -- https://blog.agilebits.com -- is no longer being updated, but we don't want to delete all that content either. Please bookmark the new one:

https://blog.1password.com

Sorry for the confusion. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Like most new things, it might take a bit of getting used to. This forum is still Agilebits, I suppose it is one of the few, or the last, not moving to 1Password.com yet?

Something that is being lost is the 1Password standalone license. Previously it was easy to find with the Agilebits site and it is now harder to locate for anyone who won't go the subscription route. I hope Agilebits/1Password will keep standalone licenses accessible for purchasing, like before.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Like most new things, it might take a bit of getting used to. This forum is still Agilebits, I suppose it is one of the few, or the last, not moving to 1Password.com yet?

I don't think we're in a hurry to migrate the forum...but yeah, it's on our list for someday.

Something that is being lost is the 1Password standalone license. Previously it was easy to find with the Agilebits site and it is now harder to locate for anyone who won't go the subscription route. I hope Agilebits/1Password will keep standalone licenses accessible for purchasing, like before.

On the contrary, we made a big announcement on the website for both:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

I'd forgotten about those announcements! I am still on 1Password 6.8 on Mac. 1Password for Windows is settled and up to date, for me. I scrolled down further (https://1Password.com) and discovered the standalone versions - current + old version. Downloads is at the bottom of the 1Password.com page, not the first thing I would have seen.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Before the subscription model, in the old and now mostly inaccessible Agilebits site, Downloads were more easily found for purchase of the standalone software. This discussion is ended.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Thank you for merging your two blogs into the current https://blog.1password.com although there isn't yet an ability to search the blogs. The really old Agilebits Switcher's blog content may be missing? I found it at a different site name but it's just old stuff.

Happy New Year 2019 and a belated Merry Christmas to all at Agilebits.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! :chuffed:

The new blog is coming along nicely, and we're working on bringing some more of the old content over, and adding some new features. I'll let the team know you're looking for search too. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

@brenty,

Nothing complicated. Currently the page numbers are numbered from page 1 to 25, >> (next), << (previous). You will have to click through more than you should to get to pages 4 to 20. It would be great to be able to manually select a page number, like a text number page [xx]?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure being able to manually select a page would be very helpful, since there's no way of knowing what page something would be on, and it will change over time as more posts are added. But search would help a lot. :)

Also, Ben pointed out that the Switcher's Blog is still online. Doesn't seem to have anything relevant as we ring in 2019, but it's an interesting time capsule from a time when we had to release a whole new version of 1Password every time a browser was updated. Yikes. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Good luck with the site's migration efforts. One last thing that I recall is Agilebits.com/company where all your photos are stored. That's been migrated too. The customer service page to look up licenses is long gone.

This discussion has been closed.