I just purchased iPassword Pro app on my iPhone XS Max. The app downloaded but it will not open.

MellyP
MellyP
Community Member
edited November 2018 in iOS

I just purchased the Pro app for $7.99 but when I press on it, it opens then goes to a black screen and then goes back to the home screen.

1Password Version: Not sure. Just purchased it through App store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1
Sync Type: Sync to computer
Referrer: forum-search:I just purchased iPassword Pro app on my iPhone XS Max. The app downloaded but it will not open.

Comments

• Hi @MellyP

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. If you're referring to an app named "1Password Pro" that would be an incredibly old version that will not work with modern devices. The current version can be found here:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

I hope that helps!

Ben

• MellyP
    MellyP
    Community Member

Well that’s ridiculous. Why is it still in the App Store? And who gets the $7.99 I just paid for it? I actually purchased this app several years ago and not once did I ever receive a pop up warning in relation to an upgrade. I regularly update all my apps and had I have received the warning I would have done it. I bought it again because I thought I needed to get an updated version for the iPhone xs.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2018

Well that’s ridiculous.

I can't really agree with that, sorry. I don't believe it is fair to expect software that was released in 2010 and last updated in 2012 to run on a 2018 system.

Why is it still in the App Store?

It is no longer for sale in the App Store. All apps, even discontinued ones, will still be available to you in your purchase history if you've purchased them. That doesn't mean that they will be compatible with modern versions of iOS or modern devices. As far as I'm aware we don't have a way to have them not show there, and even if we could, I'm not sure that would be the best course of action. Not that we'd recommend doing so, but someone could still have an older device running an older version of iOS that could still run the old app. As much as we'd recommend against doing so it is probably only fair that customers be able to do so.

I actually purchased this app several years ago and not once did I ever receive a pop up warning in relation to an upgrade.

When is the last time you opened 1Password Pro? We had prompts in the app every week for a couple of years to upgrade. I'm sorry to hear you did not see those.

I bought it again because I thought I needed to get an updated version for the iPhone xs.

That is correct; 1Password Pro (which is 1Password v3) won't work with an iPhone XS. The XS would need v7, which is the current version (linked in my post above).

Thanks.

Ben

• kristinadunnam
    kristinadunnam
    Community Member

Ben, How do we retrieve all the information & passwords we paid to have safely stored? Obviously, we needed a password keeper to be able to remember all of this information that’s now lost because the creators of the app can’t keep up with new technology. So what I understood from your above posts is you’re basically saying “haha, we screwed you”.

• Hi @kristinadunnam

I'm sorry to hear you're in a pickle. :( We've kept up with technology, but it sounds as though you may not have kept up-to-date with 1Password. Could you please clarify what version of 1Password your data is stored in, and what device you're trying to access that on? Also, have you set up syncing for that data (and if so, with what service)? Did you make any backups of your data?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.