Cannot log on to new trial conversion account

sabretel
sabretel
Community Member
  • Have had 1 password and liked it for some time. Running iOS 12.0 1Passw.. 7.2 on iPhone 6s

• Setup subscription from Windows 10 PC. Seemed to go ok; used email address and a unique password (different from 1Pass password on iphone)

• Some trouble with sync (tried to sync with Dropbox) but then wanted to sync with iCloud instead when I saw that was an option

• To avoid confusion I thought I turned sync off and preserved the Primary Vault "On My iPhone" which still seems to be working with the original phone vault password

• On the phone under All Vaults I seem to be able to access my original vault under ON MY IPHONE

• Under MY NAME I see two vaultss which I think are my cloud vaults, one for my wife with only 2 records which is ok since it was only a test, and I see 76 records under my Personal Account which matches the record count in the old vault on my iphone. I can see both of these Vaults on my phone as well as my original vault and it appears that changes to my original vault are being reflected on my new Vault on the cloud.

• Trouble is that when I try to log in to the cloud with my email or username, plus password, and secret key it will not recognize them so I cannot verify from the cloud side that the files are being updated correctly, or what mechanism is being used, icloud or Dropbox, and I don't think I can proceed to import my or my wife's data. Also I would like to delete dropbox but I need to be sure that icloud is doing the synchronization, not iCloud.

• Questions Are:

1. Is it possible that the key I have was superseded.
  2. Is there anyway to acess my account before I signed out at creation I recorded the new cloud password and the Secret Key carefully so I know I have those correct.
  3. Was the emergency recovery pdf created automatically and if so where would I find that?
  4. Any other suggestions on how to back up my data before doing anything else, and suggestions on how to help my wife and I get more gracefully to the cloud app from where we are would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot log on to new cloud account

Comments

• Hi @sabretel

I apologize for the delayed reply.

Some trouble with sync (tried to sync with Dropbox) but then wanted to sync with iCloud instead when I saw that was an option

To be clear: a 1Password subscription is its own sync service. iCloud and Dropbox do not and cannot sync 1Password subscription vaults. They can only sync standalone vaults. Once you have successfully completed the migration to a subscription membership you shouldn't have any standalone vaults anymore, and as such should not be using Dropbox or iCloud in terms of 1Password anymore.

To avoid confusion I thought I turned sync off and preserved the Primary Vault "On My iPhone" which still seems to be working with the original phone vault password

To avoid confusion the Primary vault should be deleted. Do you see all of your data when you sign in at https://my.1password.com ? If so please uninstall and reinstall 1Password for iOS, and sign in to your account.

Trouble is that when I try to log in to the cloud with my email or username, plus password, and secret key it will not recognize them so I cannot verify from the cloud side that the files are being updated correctly, or what mechanism is being used, icloud or Dropbox, and I don't think I can proceed to import my or my wife's data.

You can find your Secret Key in 1Password for iOS under 1Password > Settings > Accounts > your account > Reveal Secret Key.

Also I would like to delete dropbox but I need to be sure that icloud is doing the synchronization, not iCloud.

Again neither should be doing anything with 1Password.

1. Is it possible that the key I have was superseded.

Yes that is possible.

1. Is there anyway to acess my account before I signed out at creation I recorded the new

cloud password and the Secret Key carefully so I know I have those correct.

I'm not sure I understand the question.

1. Was the emergency recovery pdf created automatically and if so where would I find that?

No, it would not have been automatic. If you don't have an up to date Emergency Kit saved/printed please save & print one once you get signed in at https://my.1password.com/

1. Any other suggestions on how to back up my data before doing anything else, and

suggestions on how to help my wife and I get more gracefully to the cloud app from where we are would be appreciated.

Are you using a 1Password Families membership? If so please see these instructions on inviting your wife:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.