Upgraded to membership - not syncing

This discussion was created from comments split from: iOS v7.2.2 very glitchy.

Comments

• ruach
    ruach
    Community Member

After using 1Password for nearly 2 years I've just upgraded from version 6 to the membership version 7 on my mac, and 7.2.2 on my iPhone. I'd expected that syncing would now be automatic, but even after manual syncing my iPhone still has old passwords on 1Password. What do you suggest?

• Hi @ruach

I don't believe your comment is related to the thread you posted in so I've split it off into its own thread, so that both you and the other customer can get the attention you deserve. I'm sorry to hear the transition to membership hasn't gone as smoothly as it should have. You are correct in that sync should be automatic. There isn't really a way to manually sync a 1Password membership account. Could you please check each of your devices and see if you still have a "Primary" vault present? You should've been prompted to remove that as part of the migration process, but it is possible that didn't happen or that you opted to keep it. It should be removed.

Thanks.

Ben

• ruach
    ruach
    Community Member

You're right, Ben. I was nervous about removing anything until I found that everything was working OK. Now it seems as though I've got 2 vaults- one called Personal and one called Primary, and they're getting confused. Is there a way to go back and clean this up before I make the problem worse? (It's only been several days so far.)

• Please check if you are able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ and if so if all of your data appears there. If both are the case then the easiest solution would be to uninstall & reinstall 1Password and sign in to your 1Password.com account. That'll remove the old Primary vault.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• ruach
    ruach
    Community Member

Yes, I can log onto that address, and yes, all of my data appears there. It looks like the online data that is the same as what now lives in the personal vault whereas the "primary" vault is the old data. Might you let me know how to go about uninstalling 1Password on my mac and also on my iPhone? Thanks!

• ruach
    ruach
    Community Member

Would what you recommend be superior to simply going ahead and deleting the Primary vault?

• Uninstalling & reinstalling will only remove the Primary vault for iOS, not Mac, so if you have it there as well I'd recommend checking out the portion of these instructions about deleting it:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

(you can skip step #1 since you're already signed into your account)

Ben

• ruach
    ruach
    Community Member

Done! My phone and mac now each have just one vault :)
    Thanks for your help!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• ruach
    ruach
    Community Member

Will do. So far, I"m really appreciating your help as well as how 1Password 7 is working. One question- now that I've got 1 Password 7, is my vault still being saved on iCloud? Is there any need for this?

• @ruach

No new data would be synced to iCloud at this point but it is possible that some encrypted 1Password data is still stored there. Please see the following instructions to remove it. You only need to do this on one device:

Mac: In 1Password, choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data.
    iOS: Open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > Advanced. Scroll down and tap Erase iCloud Data.
    It might take a moment to remove all the data from iCloud. You’ll see a confirmation when it’s done.

If you do not see the option it means 1Password hasn't found any data in iCloud.

Thanks.

Ben

• ruach
    ruach
    Community Member

Thanks again Ben. That option was greyed out, so looks like this is it for now.

• You're very welcome. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.