I uninstalled 1PW7, then I & reinstalled 1PW6.8.9. But my 1PW extension wasn't reinstalled.

Guffee
Guffee
Community Member

There is a 1PW mini in the menubar, but it doesn't work. If I click on "1Password 6" button in the upper left corner, there is a "Install Browser Extensions"; but, when I click on that I am taken to a web page that offers to install only the entire 1Password 7.

I need to reinstate the proper extension for my 1PW 6.8.9 (or, probably, just version 6),

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: none
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Resilio (BitTorrent) Sync
Referrer: forum-search:I don't have the extension for my 1Password 6. There's a 1PW mini in my menubar but it's too late a version.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Guffee - sorry for the difficulty. You didn't mention what browser(s) you're using, so I can't link you directly to the proper extension, but our downloads page does indeed have the links for the 1Password browser extensions. You should be able to find icons that are links to the proper download spots for each browser there. Let us know if you're still having trouble. :)

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member

Lars, Thanks for your reply. I found I'd zipped a copy of my old extension (and forgotten about it), so I got it back and all was well. (I could have retrieved it from Time Machine, I suppose.)

Let me ask you about a bigger problem (for me). I am one of those "dinosaurs" still using a license-based version of 1PW. I would love to switch to a subscription-based version, were it not that it no longer offers folders. Nonetheless, I read recently that we stubborn license-based customers could still upgrade to v.7 of 1PW. So I did so blithely the other day (on Nov. 30); it looked nice, I paid the cost of the upgrade, and I thought all was well ... for about 10 seconds. Then I discovered there were no folders in v.7! I was stunned at first, then I resigned myself to uninstalling v.7 and reinstalling v.6.

Would you please see that I get reimbursed my $49.99? Boy oh boy, I sure am disappointed that AgileBits has done away with folders in 1Password, but I guess I am one of only a few. The use of tags holds no appeal for me.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Guffee - if the lack of folders is a deal-breaker for you such that you need a refund, you'll need to contact sales@1password.com and link to this thread; we don't process refunds and the personal financial details they require in this public forum.

To be clear, we can't recommend you continue using a retired, legacy version of 1Password -- even one as recent as 1Password 6 for Mac - as any kind of a long-term solution to any issue.

This discussion has been closed.