1Password fills in incorrect fields in cafeoto.co.uk login page

When trying to login to
https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/accounts/register_login/
1Password fills in the fields in the Sign Up section, instead of the Log In section.

I have tried saving a new login manually, but it doesn't change this behaviour.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:cafeoto

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wyan,

So I have bad news. As you kindly supplied the URL I went and tested both 1Password 7 and 1Password 6. If I manually saved a Login item in 1Password 7 using the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser it would correctly fill the right fields, all was good. I then switched to 1Password 6 and the same Login item fails to fill the correct fields. I then try creating a Login item in 1Password 6 and see what happens there. Sadly it's the same behaviour as you've already seen and matches what happened when filling with the 1Password 7 item. I then tried a bunch of tweaks but sadly everything failed.

So it's definitely not great that no level of coercing would get good filling. What compounds it though is 1Password 6 is no longer under active development. If the issue had also been present in 1Password 7 I would have filed a report but any potential fix would only be made to 1Password 7.

These moments are my least favourite. What I really want is for 1Password 7 (our first paid update since 1Password 4) to tempt people to update and want to update to it rather than for somebody to be having a problem and the correction is only behind a paid update. This is where we are though.

You definitely don't have to update, your existing 1Password 6 purchase will remain valid but 1Password 6 is no longer being updated. If the site is really important though or if after checking out what’s new in 1Password 7 for Mac you feel you'd like to update there are two options. A 1Password account, our subscription based service includes continued access to the current versions of 1Password on all supported platforms but we do still support licences. We cover both on another page, learn about the upgrade options for 1Password 7 on your Mac and from there you can learn more about 1Password accounts as well.

I am sorry that it wasn't better news for 1Password 6, hopefully you like what 1Password 7 has to offer.

• wyan
    wyan
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer — it's understandable that paid upgrades need to happen! :)
    As long as I can keep storing my password database in my own Dropbox account, I'll definitely be considering paying for the update soon.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wyan,

So while you review and decide what you'd like to do I can say that 1Password 7 does still support both the licence and use of Dropbox. If you haven't already it could mean updating to the newer OPVault format for the sync container if you're currently using the older Agile Keychain. The one blip in the updating process is that one copy of 1Password will convert the Agile Keychain to to an OPVault but other copies of 1Password won't automatically jump to the new container. So it means reconfiguring every other copy of 1Password to point to the OPVault. Thankfully it's a one off task but it is one example of where we believe the server-client model approach of the 1Password accounts make for an easier experience. I do like we still have options though.

This discussion has been closed.