Duplicate Password Primary Vault Problem

Options
EricNepean
EricNepean
Community Member

I'm starting to hate 1Password. I've migrated from 1Pass 4 to 5 to 6 and now to 1Pass 7. I have a subscription and so a personal vault. The primary vault is not used, this was the vault synced with Dropbox.
I think I can delete this primary vault now, but I can't find a way to do it. If I knew where it was, I would just delete it with finder. I've tried disabling Dropbox and renaming the Dropbox folder, but that has no effect. (and Dropbox is now screwed up)
Watchtower claims that all the items which are in the personal vault and in the primary vault have duplicate passwords. Well of course they do. They are the same thing. I've tried disabling all features on Watchtower, but that doesn't help, I still get big red useless warnings for every item.
Is there any fix for these issues?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: don't use it
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: subscription

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EricNepean - I'm sorry for the trouble! You can delete your Primary vault (presuming it's either empty or no longer being used) by clicking Preferences > Advanced and UN-checking the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." Once you remove the Primary vault, you should see Reused Password warnings for only those items which really DO have reused passwords (i.e. for which there is at least one other item in 1Password with the same password).

This discussion has been closed.