Bank asks for field, but won't auto-fill

macsrwe
macsrwe
Community Member
edited December 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

My bank, which is ever enthusiastically searching for new and stronger "security features" that invariably break password management tools, has "improved" its login screen such that the "company ID" field won't auto-fill. Curiously, their former login screens required the same field, but it auto-filled properly. The URL:

https://www.nbarizona.com/login/

I've ascertained that the field name in the form exactly matches the field name in the 1Password web details, but no joy from 1Password. I've also tried adding the field name in the "Section" area, without success. (The online information I have been able to locate about the meaning of the "Section" area is not helpful. I found a page saying fields could be added to it, but not what it means, or what makes one Section different from another Section, or even whether the fields in it ever get submitted to websites and under what circumstances.)

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: manual, private server
Referrer: forum-search:standalone version 7

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @macsrwe,

Can you try saving a new Login item for me please using the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser.

When you edit an item and see a section titled Section that's what we call a custom section and will consist of one or more custom fields. These aren't used for filling, they're more for allowing a person to add supplementary details. I like to use it for things like security questions where I set the field label to the question and the value to the answer. That way I can click on the field to copy it into the macOS clipboard. The only details that get used for filling are stored within the web form details. While you can alter the stored value the way that filling works means adding or removing fields manually will probably only cause frustration rather than help due to the finickiness involved. That's why I would recommend the saving of a new Login item and you should hopefully find it works. If it doesn't please let me know.

• macsrwe
    macsrwe
    Community Member

In fact that worked right off. Thank you.

Comparing the two records, I see additional (blank) web fields in the new one, and one web field whose name is duplicated (blank in one instance and my password in the other instance). Upon further examination of the bank's login page, now that I have a clue what to look for, I see they offer three either/or login tabs (personal, business, and corporate), and re-used common field names in multiple tabs. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Glad 1Password was able to generate a record that would evade the idiocy.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Haha indeed! Glad that lil bobby -- and 1Password -- were able to help out there. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.