Why won't 1Password autofill passwords?

fmdolan
fmdolan
Community Member

I've installed 1Password on my 2010 iMac running 10.13.6, a MacBook Pro running the same, and an iPhone X. But it doesn't automatically fill in the passwords – I have to find the info in the vault and click to fill it in. I've checked that the extension is installed and automatic update is on and the boxes in Browser preferences are ticked.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I'm not sure if this is a problem with 1PW or a misunderstanding on your part.

Just to be clear, 1PW always requires user action to fill. But the keystroke cmd-\ (which you can change) should fill, and then Return will submit (that's a recent change due to changes by Apple).

• kaelbe
    kaelbe
    Community Member

yes, my problems are: after installing mojave, the drop down menus for 1password don't go away once I've made my selection for logins, secure notes, etc., and then the specific login I'm requesting. also, the info seems to autofill pretty well, but it then doesn't automatically take the step to submit and bring up the website. I've tried everything I know to try w/ no luck. help, pls :) thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @fmdolan! I'm sorry for the delay in our response, as well as for the trouble. What browser (and version) are you using? And what is the specific version number of the 1Password extension you have installed?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kaelbe - auto-submit is gone and won't be returning, due to changes made by Apple in macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”). Can you tell us a little more about the first problem? What is the frontmost application when you invoke 1Password? How are you invoking it (keyboard command? Clicking something - and if so, what)? What do you mean by "made my selection - how are you making this selection?"

• kaelbe
    kaelbe
    Community Member

yes, my problems are: after installing mojave, the drop down menus for 1password don't go away once I've made my selection for logins, secure notes, etc., and then the specific login I'm requesting. also, the info seems to autofill pretty well, but it then doesn't automatically take the step to submit and bring up the website. I've tried everything I know to try w/ no luck. help, pls :) thanks!

• kaelbe
    kaelbe
    Community Member

I click on the browser extension, and the drop down menu appears that includes options of clicking on password generator, logins, passwords, etc. then I click on logins and the drop down menu appears w/ all my websites included in 1 password. I hover over the one I want to open, another screen opens particular to that website, I move to cursor to "open and fill," click on that and the website appears, but it's hidden behind the drop down menus that I just described, and they don't go away. hope this helps describe what's going on. thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kaelbe - in regard to your first reply, as I mentioned in my original response, auto-submit (actually submitting the data that's been filled and signing you in) has been removed by Apple and won't be returning.

With regard to your second reply, can you tell me what specific version of 1Password for Mac you have installed, what specific version of browser (and which one), and what specific version of 1Password extension you have in that browser? Thanks.

• kaelbe
    kaelbe
    Community Member

I click on the browser extension, and the drop down menu appears that includes options of clicking on password generator, logins, passwords, etc. then I click on logins and the drop down menu appears w/ all my websites included in 1 password. I hover over the one I want to open, another screen opens particular to that website, I move to cursor to "open and fill," click on that and the website appears, but it's hidden behind the drop down menus that I just described, and they don't go away. hope this helps describe what's going on. thanks!

• kaelbe
    kaelbe
    Community Member

Thanks! I've upgraded to 1password 7 and am trying out the free trial membership. We'll see if that takes care of my problems. Thanks again for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kaelbe - sounds good! Let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.