** SOLVED ** Problem syncing 1Password6 data with 1Password7 on new computer

madbirdesign
madbirdesign
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Mac

I found the answer on another forum. To sync a secondary vault, go to Dropbox and double-click on the .opvault file. Problem solved! :)

Does 1Password7 (license) use vaults in the same way as 1Password6? My two macs don't seem to be talking to each other.

For example:
On 1Password7 (new Mac), I see 613 items stored in 1 vault.
On 1Password6 (old Mac) I have 660 items in 3 vaults.
On iPhone app Version 7.2.2, I see 621 items in 2 vaults.

In addition, on the older Mac / 1Password6, when I go to Preferences > Vaults, it says Sync Primary vault with None. I try to change it, but it won't stick. I recall some message when I updated to 1Password7 about changing the format of the vault file to .legacyagilekeychain, but I'm not sure if that's the problem.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password7 all vaults

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @madbirdesign! Glad to hear you were able to figure out how to sync your additional secondary vaults via Dropbox. :) In regard to changing the format of the sync keychain in Dropbox, that's correct. We formally retired the Agile Keychain format in 1Password 7 for Mac. It was great in its day, but (if you can believe it) that format was introduced over a decade ago and its successor, OPVault, has already been out for about five years. Agile Keychain is no longer supported in 1Password 7 for Mac and later.

If you downloaded/installed 1Password 7 for Mac for your new Mac, and you used Dropbox as your source, you would've been prompted to switch to the new format. Since you've got one vault on the new Mac, three on the old, and two on your phone, I'd like to get a better sense of exactly what's where. To do that, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#WIL-23417-686]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @madbirdesign only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: WIL-23417-686

This discussion has been closed.