Chrome Plugin Disabled

zim365
zim365
Community Member

I disabled the Chrome browser plugin thinking it would be easy to re-enable, but I find myself lost. For the life of me, I can't get 1password to manage my browser passwords now. The plugin is installed and active, but I can't use the keyboard commands anymore to put in the username and password information. Help?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:renable plugin

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @zim365! I'm sorry for the trouble. 4.7.3.90 is the correct version of the 1Password extension for Chrome, so that's not the issue, and you seem to be using the most-current stable release of 1Password as well (7.2.2). I would recommend disabling, then removing the 1Password extension in Chrome, then restarting your Mac to get a fresh system state. After restart, visit the Chrome store to re-download and install a fresh copy of the extension, and let me know how that works for you.

• zim365
    zim365
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars. I did as you suggested. The plugin still isn't auto filling (or allowing me to select a keyboard combo to autofill). Previously, a little 1password icon appeared in the login fields and all I had to do was use the keyboard combo to fill in the info.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@zim365 - ah, OK -- that means you were not using the extension that requires the presence of the 1Password for Mac app, you were using 1Password X instead. If you have only a 1password.com account (in other words: no data in standalone vaults), it's fine to use 1Password X...but it won't work with your 1Password 7 for Mac app. Both will show you the same data, if you're signed into your account in each one...but you won't be able to click items in 1Password for Mac and have them open your browser and fill.

To be clear, the 4.7.3.90 extension is the correct one to work with the 1Password for Mac app you have installed. You can use the keyboard command ⌘\ (cmd + backslash) to bring up the 1Password mini and fill your data, using this 1Password 7 for Mac + extension combination. Or you can uninstall 4.7.3.90 and re-install 1Password X in Chrome and/or Firefox (but not Safari). That should get you where you want to be, either way.

• zim365
    zim365
    Community Member

Thank you. I appreciate it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@zim365 - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help clarify things a bit -- let us know if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.