Primary opvault not opening

sjlinwarsaw
sjlinwarsaw
Community Member

Hi There,

I use a primary opvault stored on Dropbox to hold just the information that I use to log into my 1Password account. This has never been a problem for me, but today, when setting up a new VM, 1Password refuses to open (or even acknowledge that I have tried to open) the Dropbox opvault (either by double-clicking the vault or clicking Choose File and opening from the File Chooser.

Is there some known reason for this? Can I get more detailed info? I have included all of the output to the console during a 1Password run where I tried to open the file below. BTW, I have another VM that this seems to have worked fine with (though the OS is Sierra)

I can't seem to insert a txt or zip file as an attachment and my log file is too big. I can mail it somewhere if that is helpful.

Thanks,
Scott

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sjlinwarsaw - I'm sorry for the trouble! Before we get into mailing large log files, let's do a little troubleshooting the old-fashioned way. You say you were setting up a new VM? Does this VM use the same Dropbox account, and is it active and up-to-date (the Dropbox app, I mean)? What steps did you take -- I assume you installed 1Password -- but was it the same version of 1Password you were using previously, and where did you download/install from? Was it from us or from the Mac App Store?

• sjlinwarsaw
    sjlinwarsaw
    Community Member

Hello Lars,

The problem resolved itself. I believe that Dropbox was still synchronizing and thus when 1Password tried to open the file, it found that the file was corrupt. I can't remember where I saw this finally, but that was the problem. Especially because the VM was slow, at first Dropbox showed that the opvault was synchronized. but in fact it was still comparing it's file lists (it had been while since I opened the VM).

Thanks for the help though,
    Scott

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sjlinwarsaw - that was actually one of the things I was planning to suggest or ask about. Glad to hear it resolved itself. :)

This discussion has been closed.