when logging into Safari i get a dropdown window

Wobbly_Bob
Wobbly_Bob
Community Member

Hi i every time i log into a web page via 1 Password i keep getting the dropdown window ( this operation couldn’t be completed./Users/robert/Library/Applications Scripts/2BUAC4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-oxs-helper/1password_Autosubmit.scpt140:156:excution error:Not authorized to send Apple events to System Events. (1743) )

Regards Robert

1Password Version: V6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Wobbly_Bob - I'm sorry for the trouble. In macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), Apple have restricted the use of scripts by applications to simulate the press of the return key on your keyboard. This is what we had previously been using to effect auto-submit after filling your data. Although our own use of this practice was entirely legitimate, Apple pointed out (and we agree) that it's also how some of the world's worst malware installs/executes itself, so as an effort to tighten user security, it's no longer an option. In 1Password 7 for Mac, auto-submit has already been removed, but because you're still using 1Password 6 for Mac, it hasn't. In version 6, you'll need to open Preferences > Browsers and UN-check the box marked "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords." That should stop the notifications.

This discussion has been closed.